A covenant is a special relationship, a special agreement that calls for commitment. Followers of Jesus Christ are in a covenant with God and with one another. This Sunday we will all enter into a special covenant relationship as commit to journeying together in mission, study, fellowship and love. If you have any questions or concerns, contact me via email or phone.
Confirmation Participant Covenant: With God's help and the support of my family, to fully enter into the confirmation journey. I will attend regularly and participate fully in weekly gatherings starting in January, in worship, in service and in all other confirmation-related activities. I will be open and honest about my own questions and will endeavor to understand what it means to be Christian. I will also respect, support and help others in their own questions. This is the covenant I make this day, by the grace of God.
Parent and Faith Friend Covenant: With God's help, I will assist my child/Faith Friend on the confirmation journey. I will encourage and support her/his participation in confirmation. I will, to the best of my ability, be an example of what it means to be Christian. This is the covenant I make this day, by the grace of God.
Scriptures: Genesis 17:1-7; Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Jeremiah 34:18
Questions:
1. What does this tell us about covenant?
2. What does it tell us about the covenant we will make at our service?
Peace of Christ be with you!
lanecia
No comments:
Post a Comment